PWA can easily turn a website into a mobile app. The technology enables business owners to have a mobile app for their business without paying costly app development cost. Businesses can then promote offers or engage with customers by sending out push notifications without paying for ads.
What is PWA?
Progressive Web App (PWA) is a web app which combines the best features of Web and Native Apps. PWAs can be installed on any device and deliver an app-like experience to users. Unlike native apps which you have to visit the app store and download the app. On the other hand, when a user finds your progressive web app, they can start using it immediately. There is no download or installation involved.
Originally proposed by Google in 2015, they have already attracted a lot of attention because of the relative ease of use. Progressive web apps could be the next big thing for the mobile web.
Cons of native apps
- Survey shows that many people simply do not want any more apps on their phone. Most people even hesitate to download any app
- The average size of apps that we install from Play store or Apple app stores would range from 30 to 200MB
- Users must first find the app in an app store, download it, install it and open it
- Native apps are platform dependent. You need to develop different app versions for different platforms
Benefits of PWA
- Cost Effective – Website can be easily turned into PWAs. It can save thousands in app development
- Engaging — Use push notifications to promote your offers and engage with customers
- Responsive — PWA is responsive to any screen size
- Fresh — Contents are automatically updated and available in the app
- Secure – Content is securely delivered because they run on HTTPS
- Connectivity – It works in areas with low internet connectivity or no connection at all
- Load Time — Once added to mobile device’s home screen, PWAs are instantly available
- App-like — Feels like a native app with app-style interactions
- Linkable — Easily shared via a URL and requires no download or installation
- Searchable – PWAs are websites which can be indexed by search engines
- Installable — PWA works on any platform that uses a browser, including both desktop and mobile devices
Many companies use the PWA push notification feature to boost conversions and customer engagement.
The following is a list of companies that use PWAs with amazing results.
- The Weather Channel
We can turn your website into a PWA
With our mobile app, you can use push notifications to alert people about your offers any time you want. This enable you to bring in customers on demand without paying for advertising.
If you want a mobile app for your business without costly app development cost, contact us via our contact form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org